Friday, November 27, 2009

Marinara Stuffed Peppers and Aleesha's fudge balls!


Okay so tonight I wanted a supper that was super quick, involved tomatoes and could be eaten with my hands. I get into moods where I want to play with my food, I want to be a part of the eating process without a fork or spoon in my way. LOL

So... I made my own version of marinara sauce and stuffed a yellow pepper. Put a few pieces of celery on the side to scoop more of this yummy mixture. It was literally dripping off my chin!!!

3 tomatoes - chopped
1 zucchini sliced thin
6 sundried tomatoes

Put sundried tomatoes with a little oil in food processor - pulse till it's tiny pieces.
Add in rest of ingredients. Pulse gently.

Stuff pepper and add some celery on the side to scoop the marinara sauce. Then I sprinkled some celtic sea salt, curry and kelp powder over top. mmm mmmm gooooooood!!!

Yummy and super quick!

How about a dessert?



I created a little something for myself today. It's not too sweet, which I like.

I started with these ingredients:

1 cup dates
1 cup almond butter
1/2 c carob powder
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup coconut
1/4 cup cacao nibs

In a food processor, I blended the dates into a smooth paste. I added a T of water.

Then I added almond butter and carob powder.

Remove from food processor.

Add almonds into your food processor and grind till fine, add back in all the other ingredients and blend till it becomes a ball.

I put it in bowl and formed into balls.

Then I popped them into the freezer for later!

made with love,
Aleesha

ps it made twice as many as shown in this pic.
Enjoy!
Aleesha

No comments:

Post a Comment